Coconut burfi is a delicious, age-old dessert that originated from the Indian subcontinent. The crunchy coconut in sugar syrup along with the aroma of cardamom makes it an absolute enticing sweet dish that wakes the taste buds up. In the recipe given below, the traditional coconut barfi is given an interesting twist with chocolate and crunchy pistachio layered on it which makes the sweet more rich and delectable. This Chocolate coconut barfi can be enjoyed in any festive season, kids-friendly party snack, or just on a regular day to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Sweet Recipes for more.
- 1 cup Coconut, grated
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 bar Dark Chocolate
- 3 tsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Pistachios, crushed
To Prepare Sugar Syrup
- In a saucepan with medium heat dilute the sugar in water
- Stir the sugar mix continuously until it reaches one string consistency(when syrup pressed between thumb and pointer finger it forms one string) syrup
To Prepare Coconut Burfi
- Now add the grated coconut and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and stir the mixture continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes
- At this stage, the coconut mixture thickens and will come away from the sides of the pan without sticking
- Now transfer the coconut fudge/barfi to the oil greased plate or square tin and spread it evenly
- Run the knife to cut the coconut barfi into squares and allow the barfi to cool down
- Set the barfi for 2 to 3 hours
To Prepare Chocolate Glaze
- In a saucepan take 5 to 6 squares from the chocolate bar and add melted butter to it
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler method in low medium heat and allow the melted chocolate to cool down at room temperature
- Now add the melted chocolate on top of each square of coconut fudge/barfi
- Let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature
- Now the chocolate coconut fudge/barfi is ready to serve
- Garnish the barfi with pistachios and serve it after a meal or just on a regular day
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Crunchy desiccated coconut combined along with cardamom flavored sugar syrup which is set and cut into square shape mittai or mithai is called coconut barfi.
Traditional coconut barfi is an absolute vegan friendly dish.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.