Kalakand is a delicious and exotic Indian sweet dessert prepared from solidified milk and paneer. It is widely prepared in all the parts of Indian regions. This sweet is also called milk cake, milk fudge, or qalaqand. Here in the recipe given below, we have used milk and milk powder as the main ingredients to simplify the process of making kalakand. This milk cake/fudge is a rich, delectable, and flavorsome dessert that can be nibbled over and over again.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Sweet Recipes for more.
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Milk powder
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Ghee
- Pistachio, to garnish
To Prepare Kalakand
- In a pan dilute the milk powder with milk without forming any lumps
- Allow the above mixture to boil in low medium heat and stir it continuously
- When the milk starts to boil, add lemon juice to it
- Now the milk starts to curdle. Keep stirring it until the mixture thickens
- Add the cardamom powder and brown sugar to the mixture and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Now add the ghee and continue stirring until the mixture stops sticking to the pan
- Continue to do so until the mixture turns slight golden or brown in color
- Now remove the mixture from the pan and transfer it to the ghee greased tin/tray and spread it evenly
- Cut the kalakand/milk cake into pieces and garnish it with pistachio
- Serve the delicious kalakand/milk cake once it is cool down. Alternatively, you can store it in the refrigerator to enjoy for up to 1 week
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Kalakand is also known as milk cake a famous Indian sweet made of evaporated milk or milk powder.
Mawa or Khoya is dried solid form of evaporated milk.
yes, it can be made with condensed milk
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
More recipe: Chocolate Coconut Burfi