Soy Chunk wrap is a food dish made with a soft flatbread rolled around a filling of minced soy chunk. Traditional wraps are generally made with vegetables, chicken, or meat. The recipe given below is prepared with minced soy chunks as the main ingredients along with sliced onion, tomato, and curry powder. It is then topped with cilantro and is tightly wrapped together. It is a juicy, healthy, and tasty food that can be served as lunch and dinner, or snack.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Snack recipes for more.
Soy Chunk wrap
- 2 cups Soya chunks, minced
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt, as needed
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Jalapeno pepper
- ¼ tsp Spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Lemon juice
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- Salt, as needed
- Water, for kneading
- Onion, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Coriander leaves
To Prepare Dough
- In a bowl add sieved all-purpose flour and salt and knead into a soft dough by gradually adding water. Keep it aside for about 10 minutes
To Prepare Soy Chunk Masala
- Soak soy chunks in hot water for about 15 minutes and squeeze the water from it. Grind it in a blender
- Now in a pan, add oil, and allow it to heat in medium flame
- Add cumin seeds, chopped onion and saute it until caramelized
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute it until the raw aroma leaves
- Now add the chili, coriander, curry, turmeric powder, and salt and saute it without burning the masala
- Splash some water on it and give it a stir
- Now add the minced soy chunks to the above mixture and combine everything well
- Stir the mixture on and off and make sure that the masala doesn’t burn
- Drizzle some water to it and close the lid
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes and wait until it turns golden brown in color
- Now add some chopped spring onion, jalapeno pepper and switch off the stove
To make Wrap
- Place the griddle/Tawa in the stove and allow it to heat in medium flame
- Divide the kneaded dough into small lemon size balls and roll each ball into a circular shape
- Now place each rolled dough on the griddle/Tawa one at a time and cook it on both sides until golden brown spots are formed
- Remove the flatbread/roti from the griddle
- Place 3 tbsp of minced soy chunk masala on the roti, add some chopped onion and tomatoes, cut lettuce and cilantro and wrap it tightly after adding some squeezed lemon juice
- Repeat the same procedure for other Rotis
- Now the soy chunk wraps are ready and serve it with green chutney or ketchup
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Frequently asked questions
Soy Chunk is a by-product of extracting soybean oil, which is used as an alternative for meat in food recipes.
Yes, its a perfect plant based meat for vegan lovers.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.