Spicy tofu chili is a protein-rich and flavorful recipe that makes wonders to the mild taste of tofu with all its seasoning. This spice-filled stir fry recipe is a great alternative for meat and will go as a side dish with fried, jeera, plain rice for lunch and dinner or just as a starter.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Vegan recipes for more.
- General Tso's Tofu
- Baked Tofu
- Fried Tofu with Vegetables
- Tofu Nuggets
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Chickpea Masala
- Vegan Shredded Chicken Fry
- White Chicken Chili
- Chilli Chicken
- Chilli Paneer
To make your life easy, I have also created a collection of Indo-Chinese Recipes in one place and I believe it will help you to plan and enjoy your meal at home. Take a peek!
Pan Fried Spicy Tofu Chili
- 0.88 lb Tofu, firm
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- ½ cup Bell pepper, a mix of green, yellow and red
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1½ tsp Soy sauce
- 3 tsp Chili paste
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 6 Garlic pods, diced
- 2 tsp All-purpose flour
- Salt, as needed
- ½ tsp Spring onion, chopped
- White sesame seeds, to garnish
To Prepare Tofu Chili
- Drain the tofu then wrap in a clean paper towel to let all the water from the tofu to drain out
- Tear the tofu into bite-size pieces
- In a bowl, add corn starch, all-purpose flour, salt, chili, ginger, garlic powder, and water to make a thick marinade
- Coat the marinade thoroughly on tofu pieces and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now in a pan, add oil and fry the marinated tofu pieces to light golden brown (don’t deep fry) in medium heat and keep it aside
- In the same pan add 3 tsp oil, add onion, garlic and saute it with high medium heat
- Now add the mixed bell peppers and give a nice stir and then add soy sauce and chili paste
- Toss them well and add the fried tofu pieces into it
- Incorporate it in high medium heat, add the salt if needed
- Add chopped spring onions, garnish with white sesame seeds and remove from pan
- Serve warm with fried/jeera rice or just as a starter
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Frequently asked questions
Tofu chili is a popular Asian dish in which the marinated tofu is pan fried in oil and then stirred along with soy sauce and hot sauce in high heat.
Yes it is a vegan friendly dish.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
More recipe: Instant Vegetable Maggi Noodles