Vegan shredded Jack Fruit fry is a great alternative for any meat in which the tender jack fruit plays an important role to give us a unique similar flavor of meat recipes that we have tried in restaurants. This recipe is absolutely great, easy to make a side dish, and could be relished by Veg, Vegan, and Meat Lovers for lunch and dinner.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Vegan Recipes for more.
Vegan Minced Meat
Chickpea Flour Omelet
Pan-Fried Tofu Chili
To make your life easy, I have also created a collection Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes at one place and I believe it will help you to plan your meal, prepare and enjoy at home. Take a peek!
Vegan Shredded Jack Fruit Fry
- 1.1 lb Raw tender jackfruit, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, medium to large, finely chopped
- 1 tsp All spice powder
- 1½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt, as needed
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ cup Water
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
To Prepare Vegan Shredded Jackfruit Fry
- Cut and clean the raw tender jack fruit and shred it into pieces
- Marinate the raw tender jack fruit with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt
- In a pan, pour 2 tbsp oil and wait until the oil becomes medium hot
- Add in cumin, fennel and let it splutter
- Add the chopped onion and saute until it is caramelized. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and saute it until raw aroma leaves
- Add in tomato, give it a stir and allow them to become mushy
- Add in the marinated jack fruit mixture into the pan and combine everything well
- Add in the water, give it a stir and close the lid. Let it cook in medium heat until the jack fruit becomes soft
- Now remove the lid, add the remaining oil, black pepper powder, allspice powder, and incorporate them well by giving a nice stir
- Switch the stove to low heat, stir it often until you get a semi-dry consistency, and check for salt add some if it is required
- Remove the vegan shredded chicken fry from the stove and garnish with cilantro /coriander leaves
- Serve warm with rice, roti, or bread
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Frequently asked questions
It is a plant-based food that has a similar taste, flavor, and appearance to an animal-based product. Usually, cauliflower, soybean, jack fruits are some of the vegetables used as alternate meat for vegan lovers.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.