Chickpea flour omelet is a great alternative from regular egg omelet which is fully packed with protein and filling ingredients. This plant-based omelet is healthy, fluffy, and adds good nutritional value to our breakfast menu.
Please find similar recipes below.
- Western Omelet
- Spanish Omelette
- Spinach Omelette
- Egg White Omelet
- Egg Foo Young
- Tamagoyaki (Japanese Omelette)
More Vegan Recipes.
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes to kick start your busy mornings? Then you could also check this collection of Indian Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes to enjoy with your family and loved ones.
Chickpea flour omelette
- 1 cup Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast, optional
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ cup Coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder
- ¼ tsp Ginger powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ cup Mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp Jalapeno, cut
- ¼ tsp Onion
- Salt, as needed
- 2 tbsp Oil
To Prepare Chickpea Flour Omelette
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pepper, ginger and garlic powder, and salt and nutritional yeast together
- Add coconut yogurt to the above mixture
- Add water gradually and combine together without introducing any lumps. And make sure that the batter is thick in consistency
- In a pan drizzle some oil and let it to reach a medium heat
- Now pour the prepared chickpea batter into the pan and top it with onion, jalapeno, and mixed vegetables
- Let it cook for 4 to 7 minutes until the top is no longer wet
- Now flip the omelet and let it cook for another 3 minutes
- Remove from the pan and serve it with ketchup and hot sauce of your choice
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Frequently asked questions
It is a plant based omelet made with chickpea flour which is also known as besan or kadalaimaavu. It is fully loaded with vegetables and rich in nutrition.
It is rich in fiber and we have lot of options to add veggies in this recipe. Hence it is a healthy dish.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.