Dive into the comforting goodness of a homemade Spanish Omelette! This beloved classic crisps up beautifully and is packed with the wholesome flavors of eggs, onions, potatoes, and just the right touch of seasonings.
Indulge in More Egg Delights:
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
Here's a quick list of everyday ingredients you'll need for the Spanish Omelette, all readily available at your nearby grocery store.
- Eggs: The organic brown eggs add a wonderful richness, though any eggs you have on hand will work.
- Onion: Yellow onions add a lovely sweet and savory note.
- Potato: Kennebec potatoes are my go-to, yet any variety you've got will work like a charm.
- Seasonings: Spice things up with a blend of chili flakes, pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Cilantro: Don't forget a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for that burst of freshness.
- Oil: A splash for that perfect sizzle and golden edge.
How to make Spanish Omelette?
Create a tasty Spanish Omelette quickly by following the straightforward steps in the images and video below – you'll have a delightful meal ready in in under 30 minutes.
Discover the World of Omelets:
- Western Omelet
- Spinach Omelet
- Egg White Omelet
- Egg Foo Young
- Tamagoyaki (Japanese Omelette)
- Vegan Omelet
- 4 Egg
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder, black
- Salt, as needed
- ¼ cup Onion, sliced
- ¼ cup Potatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
To Sauté the Onion and Potato
- Heat ¼ cup of oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the onions and potatoes when the oil is warm.
- Fry them, stirring occasionally, until they soften.
- Remove the onions and potatoes and set aside. Cool the remaining oil and keep it in a sealed container for future use.
To Prepare the Egg Mixture
- Start by cracking the eggs into a bowl. Season with salt, chili flakes, and black pepper powder to your taste.
- Whip the eggs until they're nice and frothy.
- Fold in the previously fried onions and potatoes, along with fresh coriander leaves, combining everything well.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes; this waiting period helps the eggs to thicken.
- After the resting time, check the mixture; it should be thicker, setting you up for a beautifully textured omelet.
To make Perfect Spanish Omelette
- Warm a tablespoon of oil in a medium-heat skillet and pour in your egg mixture. Spread it out for an even cook, watching for the edges to set.
- With a spatula, ease around the omelette edges, ensuring nothing sticks.
- Cover the skillet with a plate, and carefully flip it over—make sure the plate is the right size for the skillet.
- Now with the uncooked side facing down, cook the egg in the pan again to ensure even doneness on both sides.
- Let it cook for another minute or two, then flip it back and slide it off the heat. Your Spanish Omelette is now ready to impress your taste buds!
- This hearty Spanish Omelette is fantastic for breakfast, as a snack on an outing, at a gathering, or as a tasty tapas dish at a Spanish-themed event. Enjoy!
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Caramelize the Onion and Potato: Cook them slowly in oil until they're sweet and savory, which adds a rich flavor to your dish.
- Let the Egg Mixture Rest: After mixing in the fried onion and potato, let the eggs sit for at least 15 minutes to thicken.
- Master the Flip: Use a plate that fits your pan to flip the omelette and cook the other side without any spills.
- Enjoy Your Meal: Serve your omelette warm or cold, perfect for breakfast, a snack, a picnic, or any gathering.
- Storage: Spanish Omelette will keep in the fridge for up to a day when stored in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.