Salmon Pasta, a delightful seafood pasta, combines the richness of creamy sauce with the flavorful zest of pan-seared salmon. Crafted with angel hair pasta and simple seasonings, this Italian-inspired dish is a culinary delight. Ideal for busy weekdays or leisurely weekends, this quick-to-prepare meal, ready in under 30 minutes, is a perfect choice for lunch or dinner.
Explore a Variety of Pasta Recipes:
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
For a delicious Salmon Pasta, you'll need the following ingredients. Chances are, you might already have some of these in your kitchen. Let's take a look:
For Seasoning the Salmon:
- Salmon Fillets: About 1 pound, skinless. The main star of the dish, offering a rich, meaty flavor.
- Oil: Canola oil for rubbing onto the salmon and for frying, ensuring a crisp exterior and moist interior. Olive or coconut oil are also suitable for added flavor.
- Seasoning Powders: A combination of garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt, these seasonings enhance the salmon's natural taste.
For Making the Pasta:
- Pasta: Angel hair pasta is recommended for its delicate texture, but any type works well as a hearty base.
- Butter: Unsalted, used for sautéing aromatics, adds richness and helps in releasing the flavors of garlic and onions.
- Aromatics: Garlic and onions are crucial for building a flavorful foundation in the dish.
- Milk: Full-fat milk contributes to the creamy texture of the sauce. Heavy cream or half-and-half are alternatives for extra richness.
- Broth: Chicken or vegetable broth adds depth to the sauce, while water is a simple base that lets other flavors shine.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and black pepper powder bring warmth and a subtle heat, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Fresh Herbs: Cilantro and parsley add a burst of freshness and a vibrant color contrast.
- Parmesan Cheese: This cheese melts into the sauce, adding a savory, cheesy depth to the pasta.
How to make Salmon Pasta?
Begin your culinary journey with our Salmon Pasta recipe, complemented by clear photos and an instructional video. Let's dive into this flavorful adventure, crafting a dish that's as enjoyable to prepare as it is to eat.
Explore and Enjoy a World of Salmon Recipes:
- Grilled Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Pan Fried Salmon
- Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Blackened Salmon
- Salmon Patties
- Salmon Salad
Creamy Salmon Pasta
For Seasoning Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon Fillet
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt, as needed
- 1 tsp Oil
For Making Pasta
- 8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt, as needed
- 2 cups Milk, full fat
- 1 cup Water, or Chicken Broth
- Cilantro Leaves, to garnish
- Parmesan Cheese, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Oil, for frying fish
To Pan Fry the Salmon
- In a bowl, combine garlic, chili, black pepper powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside the seasoning mix.
- Place the salmon fillets on a plate and drizzle 1 tsp of cooking oil over them. Ensure the oil coats the fillets evenly.
- Season the salmon with the prepared seasoning mix from step 1. The salmon fillets are now ready for frying.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp of oil. Place the seasoned salmon fillets in the pan and fry them over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the fillets and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Ensure even cooking by flipping them on all sides.
- Remove the salmon from the pan, flake them into medium-sized pieces, and reserve them for later use.
To make Salmon Pasta
- In the same pan with the remaining oil, melt 1 tbsp of butter and add minced garlic. Sauté the garlic until it becomes aromatic.
- Add the onions and sauté until they soften.
- Introduce Italian seasoning, chili flakes, black pepper powder, salt, and give it a thorough mix.
- Pour in 2 cups of full-fat milk and 1 cup of water, stirring well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the Angel Hair pasta and allow it to submerge.
- Cook the pasta until it thickens and becomes tender. Be sure to stir the pasta occasionally during the cooking process.
- Incorporate the fried and flaked salmon and cilantro leaves, gently tossing them together.
- Finally, garnish with Parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Your delicious Salmon Pasta is now ready to savor and enjoy.
- Serve this creamy Salmon Pasta as is or with roasted green beans, roasted broccoli, or a salad of your choice for both lunch and dinner
Chef's Notes and Tips
- For a Creamy Texture: While I've used full-fat milk for a creamy consistency, you can alternatively use white sauces like bechamel, garlic parmesan, or Alfredo sauce to toss with the cooked pasta for a similar creamy effect.
- Boosting Seafood Flavor: Utilize the oil left from frying the salmon combined with unsalted butter when making the pasta. This infuses a distinctive seafood essence into your dish.
- Variety of Salmon Options: Although the recipe calls for pan-fried salmon, feel free to substitute with leftover grilled or baked salmon for added convenience and flavor variation.
- Tomato Flavor Option: If you prefer a tomato-based dish, swap the creamy base with a classic tomato pasta sauce or marinara. This offers a different but equally delicious take on Salmon Pasta.
- Cheese for Richness: A final touch of grated Parmesan cheese garnished over the pasta brings a delectable cheesy richness, perfectly rounding off the flavors.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Whether you're in the mood for the comforting appeal of pasta, the exquisite richness of Italian cuisine, or the delectable flavors of salmon, our collection of recipes guarantees a culinary journey that will delight your taste buds. Explore our easy-to-follow yet incredibly delicious dishes today.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
Enjoy this dish warm to fully savor its freshness and rich seafood flavor. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Creamy Salmon Pasta is delightful on its own, but pairs beautifully with sides like roasted green beans, broccoli, or your favorite salad, making it a versatile choice for both lunch and dinner. Checkout our best side dishes for salmon for more!