Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon is a quick and delicious meal, combining the sweetness of honey and the richness of garlic. This easy, Asian-inspired recipe brings out the best in fresh salmon with a touch of honey, garlic, and basic seasonings. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it's perfect for busy weeknights.
Not only is this dish packed with flavor, but it's also nutritious, thanks to the omega-3 fatty acids in salmon. It's a versatile choice that pairs wonderfully with different types of rice, be it white, basmati, or brown, for either lunch or dinner. Whip up this simple yet impressive salmon dish for a restaurant-style experience at home.
Explore More Honey-Infused Recipes:
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
To prepare this flavorful Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon, you'll need a selection of simple ingredients that are commonly available in most grocery stores. Let's see what they are.
- Salmon Fillets: Opt for skin-on or skinless, based on preference. Skin-on fillets provide a crispy texture when seared, while skinless are easier to manage and absorb flavors more readily.
- Seasoning Mix (Garlic powder, crushed peppercorns, paprika, salt): This combination enhances the salmon's natural flavor, adding a subtle warmth and savory notes.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic contributes a robust aroma and deepens the overall taste profile.
- Honey: Key for the glaze, it offers a natural sweetness, creating a beautiful caramelization on the salmon.
- Olive Oil: Chosen for its flavor, it also ensures even cooking. If preferred, substitute with another cooking oil without compromising the dish's integrity.
- Chili Flakes: Add a touch of heat, which can be adjusted to taste or substituted with a tablespoon of your favorite spicy sauce for a different flavor profile.
- Garnish (Sesame seeds, parsley, spring onions, cilantro): These not only add a pop of color but also introduce fresh, contrasting flavors, completing the dish's visual appeal and taste.
How to Make Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon?
Get ready to create a culinary delight with our Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon recipe. Follow these simple steps, perfectly complemented by our photos and video guide, to bring this delicious dish to life in your kitchen. Let's dive into the recipe:
Explore More Delicious Salmon Delights:
- Baked Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Grilled Salmon
- Pan Seared Salmon
- Blackened Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Patties
- Salmon Pasta
- Salmon Salad
Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Peppercorn, crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 2 slice Lemon
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Parsley, to garnish
To Make Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
- Combine garlic powder, crushed peppercorns, paprika, and salt in a bowl. This mix brings a balanced blend of flavors to the salmon.
- Rub the seasoning generously onto all sides of the salmon fillets to infuse with flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Place the seasoned salmon fillets in the pan. For skin-on fillets, start skin-side down to get a crispy texture.
- Cook each side for about 2 to 3 minutes. This duration is ideal for achieving a golden crust while keeping the inside moist and tender.
- After frying, remove the salmon and set it aside for later.
- In the same pan, sauté minced garlic until aromatic. This step uses the residual flavors in the pan, enriching the sauce.
- Add honey and chili flakes to the pan. Include lemon slices for a citrusy note. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Return the salmon to the pan, coating each fillet thoroughly with the honey garlic sauce. This glaze should be sticky and shiny, giving the salmon a deliciously sweet and savory finish.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and fresh parsley over the salmon. This not only adds visual appeal but also introduces a fresh, herby flavor that complements the dish.
- Pair your Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon with roasted green beans, broccoli, asparagus, or your favorite rice for a fulfilling meal. Check the serving suggestions section for more pairing options.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Sauce and Seasoning: The combination of honey garlic sauce and basic seasoning is crucial for achieving the dish's signature taste and flavor.
- Fresh Salmon: Opt for fresh salmon, either wild-caught or farm-raised, to ensure juicy and fresh flavors in your dish.
- Salmon Fillets: Using skin-on salmon fillets can yield crispy skin and easier flipping, but skinless fillets are also a great option for similar results.
- Cooking Temperature: Maintain a medium heat for pan-searing and add the fillets when the oil is moderately hot. This ensures even cooking and prevents sticking.
- Pan Choice: A quality non-stick or a well-seasoned cast-iron pan is recommended for achieving perfectly glazed salmon.
- Don’t Overcook: Avoid overcooking the salmon to prevent it from becoming hard and dry. Aim for 2 to 3 minutes of cooking on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oven Baked or Pan-Seared: Whether you glaze pan-seared salmon or marinate and bake it in the oven, the honey garlic sauce adds versatility. For baking, coat the seasoned salmon in the sauce and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, and consider broiling for the last 2 minutes to add a smoky flavor.
- Spicy and Savory Options: Enhance the dish with chili sauce, soy sauce, or hoisin sauce for a more spicy and savory profile.
- Citrus Twist: Swap lemon with orange slices for a unique flavor twist.
- Healthier Alternatives: For a lighter version, use a honey substitute like agave nectar and reduce the oil used in cooking.
- Resting Time: Allow the salmon to rest for a few minutes after cooking. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring a moist and tender fillet.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Explore our range of carefully selected salmon recipes and accompanying side dishes, each crafted to enrich your meals. Whether you prefer traditional or innovative flavors, our collection offers something for every palate.
For a delightful meal, serve your Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon with these options:
- Rice Varieties: Complement the salmon with white, basmati, or brown rice. These mild flavors balance the rich taste of the glazed salmon.
- Roasted Vegetables: Serve with roasted green beans, broccoli, or asparagus. Their crisp texture and earthy flavors pair well with the sweet and savory salmon.
- Salad: A fresh greek salad with a light vinaigrette adds a refreshing element to the meal.
- Quinoa or Couscous: Opt for quinoa or couscous for a nutritious twist. These grains not only serve as great alternatives to rice but also add a delightful texture and subtle nutty flavor to your meal.
- Potatoes: Choose from roasted, mashed, or boiled potatoes for a comforting addition.
- Pasta: A light pasta, like angel hair or penne with a lemon butter sauce, can complement the dish without overpowering it.
These suggestions cater to different tastes and dietary preferences, ensuring a well-rounded and satisfying meal with your Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon.
For optimal freshness, enjoy Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon fresh. If you have leftovers, store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They will remain good for up to two days.