Honey Garlic Chicken Breast, a Chinese-inspired dish, effortlessly combines the sweetness of honey with the robust flavors of garlic and soy sauce. Suitable for both lunch and dinner, it's a convenient choice that can be made in under 30 minutes.
This recipe involves frying flour-coated chicken and then drenching it in a sumptuous honey garlic sauce. Its simplicity and quick preparation time make it an ideal dish for busy weeknights, offering a taste akin to restaurant-style Chinese cuisine.
Explore More Honey-Infused Recipes:
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Honey Mustard Sauce
To prepare Honey Garlic Chicken Breast, the ingredients required are straightforward and commonly found in most grocery stores. Here's a breakdown of what you'll need:
- Chicken: Opt for thinly sliced chicken breast pieces. If preferred, chicken thighs can be used as a suitable alternative.
- Honey: Adds a delicious sweetness to the dish.
- Garlic: Essential for imparting rich flavor and taste.
- Flour Mix: Combine all-purpose flour and cornstarch to create a coating for the chicken.
- Soy Sauce: Opt for all-purpose soy sauce for enhanced flavor, or low sodium soy sauce for a healthier option.
- Spice Powders: A blend of ginger, garlic, chili, and pepper powders, along with chili flakes, infuses the sauce with warmth and depth.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken?
Start your culinary journey with our Honey Garlic Chicken Breast recipe. Follow our easy step-by-step photos and video to perfectly flour-coat, fry, and create a delicious honey garlic sauce. Let’s get cooking!
Explore a World of Chicken Breast Recipes:
- General Tso's Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Orange Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Fajita
- Pesto Chicken
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
For Flour Coating
- 2 lb Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless 5 pieces
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
For Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Salt, as needed
- 3 tbsp Water
- Sesame Seeds, to garnish
To Flour Coat Chicken
- Take a wide tray and combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, chili powder, ginger powder, garlic powder, pepper powder, and salt. Stir these ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Evenly coat each chicken breast piece in the flour mixture. Be sure to shake off any excess flour before coating the next piece.
To Fry the Chicken
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the flour-coated chicken breasts for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and continue frying for an additional 5 minutes, or until they turn a golden brown color.
- Once fried, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set them aside for later use.
To make Honey Garlic Chicken
- Using the same pan and remaining oil, sauté the minced garlic until it becomes aromatic.
- Stir in soy sauce, chili flakes, vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt, mixing everything well.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of water, stirring thoroughly. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the previously fried chicken breasts into this honey garlic sauce, ensuring they are well coated.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Finish by sprinkling sesame seeds over the chicken. Once done, take it off the heat. Your delicious Honey Garlic Chicken is now ready to savor and enjoy.
- Enjoy this sweet and savory Honey Garlic Chicken with rice, roasted broccoli, roasted green beans, or your preferred sides for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Chicken Options: While I've chosen chicken breast, feel free to swap in boneless chicken thighs for a different twist.
- Cooking Methods: Whether you prefer pan-frying, baking, or air-frying, this recipe adapts easily to your cooking style.
- Baking Instructions: For baking, cook the flour-coated chicken at 450°F for about 15-18 minutes. Aim for an internal temperature of 165°F for perfectly cooked chicken.
- Air Fryer Method: If using an air fryer, cook the chicken at 360°F for 15-20 minutes for a crispy finish.
- Perfecting the Sauce: The secret to a great sauce lies in gently sautéing the garlic, then combining it with soy sauce, honey, and vinegar to create a unique and flavorful coating.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Discover a world of flavors with our collection, combining versatile chicken breast recipes and authentic Chinese dishes. From simple, delicious chicken preparations to the deep, varied tastes of traditional Asian cuisine, we have something for every food enthusiast.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
For the best experience, it's recommended to prepare this dish fresh, especially since it takes just 30 minutes to make. If you have leftovers, store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a day.
This dish pairs wonderfully with various types of rice like white or brown rice. For a more rounded meal, consider serving it with sides such as roasted potatoes, broccoli, a vegetable stir fry, or roasted asparagus.