Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a sumptuous Italian-American favorite, combining tender fettuccine pasta with a smooth, garlicky Alfredo sauce. Enhanced with butter, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning, this dish gets an extra touch of deliciousness with pan-fried chicken breast slices on top. Perfect for lunch or dinner, it's a comforting and satisfying meal.
Pair it with your favorite roasted or baked vegetables for a complete dining experience. While traditional Italian Alfredo might not include heavy cream, this American-style version is a creamy delight. It's a versatile dish, with variations like shrimp Alfredo also being popular.
If you're looking to impress with a rich and flavorful chicken dish, this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a culinary delight that promises to be a memorable meal for your family.
Explore Delectable Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
- Lemon Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Cutlet
- Pesto Chicken
- Fajita Chicken
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
To prepare Chicken Alfredo Pasta, gather these essential Italian pantry staples, readily available at most grocery stores or supermarkets:
- Chicken Breast: Go for skinless and boneless chicken breasts. Pound or halve them to ensure they cook evenly.
- Seasoning Powders: Combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt to bring out the chicken's flavor.
- Garlic: A key flavor enhancer for the Alfredo sauce. If more convenient, opt for pre-minced garlic.
- Butter and Oil: Utilize oil to fry the chicken, while butter forms a crucial part of the Alfredo sauce.
- Pasta: While fettuccine is the classic choice, you can also use penne, angel hair, linguine, or any pasta you prefer.
- Heavy Cream: This gives the sauce its rich and creamy texture. Half and half milk is a good alternative if needed.
- Italian Seasoning: This adds an extra layer of flavor to the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Fresh Parmesan cheese enhances the sauce's smoothness and creaminess. If unavailable, pre-grated Parmesan is a suitable substitute.
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta at Home?
Get ready to create a culinary masterpiece with our Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe! Follow these simple steps, complete with photos and videos, to bring this classic Italian dish to your table. Let's start with prepping the chicken breast, cooking the fettuccine pasta, and preparing the delicious Chicken Alfredo.
Enjoy More Delicious Pasta Dishes:
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Salmon Pasta
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- White Sauce Pasta
- Pasta Salad
To Prep Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, thinly sliced or halved
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, ground
- ½ tsp Salt, or adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil, to fry chicken
To Cook Fettuccine Pasta
- 10 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- Water, for cooking pasta
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
To Make Chicken Alfredo
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1½ cups Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper, ground
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Parsley Leaves , to garnish
To Pan Fry Chicken
- Start by thinly slicing the chicken breast and placing the slices in a bowl. Add a blend of garlic, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt, tossing well to coat the chicken evenly with the seasonings.
- Next, heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the seasoned chicken pieces for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until they achieve a golden-brown color. Remember to check that the internal temperature hits 165°F for safety.
- Once the chicken is cooked, move it to a plate and, if you wish, cover it with foil. This will help keep it warm and ready for serving.
To Cook Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding oil and salt.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until tender, as per the package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain it and set it aside.
To Make Sauce
- Melt butter in a separate pan over medium heat, then add garlic and cook until it's fragrant.
- Gently pour in the heavy cream, switching to low heat. Season with black pepper, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt. Let the cream gently simmer without boiling.
- Mix in grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until it melts and creates a creamy, smooth consistency.
To Make Chicken Alfredo
- To finalize your Chicken Alfredo, simply add the cooked pasta to the Alfredo sauce, mixing thoroughly to ensure even coating. Your Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta is now ready to serve.
- Plate your Alfredo Pasta and top it with the sliced chicken breast. Add a garnish of freshly chopped parsley for a touch of freshness. Serve alongside roasted vegetables like asparagus, green beans, or broccoli to round out this delicious meal.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Seasoning Chicken: Start by seasoning the chicken breast with basic spices like salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs. For an adventurous twist, try cajun or chili seasoning. Remember to season according to your taste preferences.
- Cooking Chicken for Juiciness: Cook the chicken in a pan until it's tender and golden brown, ensuring it's evenly cooked on both sides. Always check that the internal temperature reaches 165°F to ensure it's safe to eat.
- Alternative Cooking Methods: Besides pan-frying, you can air-fry or bake the chicken breast for convenience. These methods also yield juicy, tender chicken that's perfect with creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Pasta Perfection: Follow the package instructions for cooking pasta to achieve the ideal texture. While fettuccine is traditional for Alfredo, feel free to use your favorite pasta variety.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Explore a delightful array of tastes with our carefully curated collection of recipes featuring pasta, Italian cuisine, comforting meals, and chicken breast dishes. Whether you're in the mood for classic pasta creations, authentic Italian flavors, or heartwarming comfort food, our selection presents diverse options to satisfy your cravings and cater to any occasion.
Chicken Alfredo pasta, offering a balance of protein and carbs, makes for a fulfilling meal. Enhance it by pairing with a variety of roasted or baked vegetables like broccoli, green beans, asparagus, or a medley of roasted veggies for a truly satisfying and complete dining experience.
It's best to enjoy Chicken Alfredo fresh, but leftovers can be stored. For reheating, warm the pasta gently on low heat. Note that the cheese in the Alfredo sauce may separate during reheating, which is quite typical for this type of dish.