Enjoy a quick and delicious meal with this Oven Baked Chicken Breast recipe. In under 30 minutes, you can have tender, juicy chicken with a crisp golden crust, seasoned with simple spices and herbs. Ideal for busy evenings, this versatile dish is not only easy to prepare but also great as leftovers in salads, wraps, and more. A perfect blend of convenience and taste!
Explore Delectable Baked Chicken Delights:
- Roasted Whole Chicken
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
For this Baked Chicken Breast recipe, you'll need a few basic ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store. Let's check them out.
- Chicken Breast: Choose skinless and boneless for ease and quicker cooking. Bone-in can also be used for additional flavor.
- Seasoning Powders: A blend of cumin, ginger, garlic, and pepper (black or white), along with paprika and cayenne, adds depth and warmth. Feel free to tailor these spices to your taste, creating a personalized flavor profile.
- Olive Oil: Drizzling the chicken with olive oil before seasoning ensures even coating and helps the spices adhere, enhancing the overall flavor and keeping the chicken moist.
- Herbs: Fresh coriander, or your choice of parsley, basil, or mint, adds a burst of freshness and color, complementing the rich flavors of the seasoned chicken.
How to Bake Chicken Breast in an Oven?
Dive into this mouth-watering Baked Chicken Breast recipe, captured beautifully in our photos and video. Follow these simple steps: prepare your seasoning mix, generously coat the chicken, and then bake it to perfection. Let's get started!
Discover Delicious Chicken Breast Favorites:
- Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Pesto Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
Baked Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, boneless breast, halved
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder, black or white pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper, optional
- Salt, as needed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Coriander Leaves, to garnish
Marinating the Chicken
- In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to create a harmonious blend of spices. Set the mix aside for later use.
- On a plate, lay out the halved chicken breasts and evenly drizzle them with oil. This helps the seasoning to adhere better and ensures the chicken doesn't dry out during cooking.
- Generously apply the spice mix to all sides of the chicken, rubbing it in well to infuse with the flavors of the spices.
Baking Chicken Breasts
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts on a tray greased with oil. This prevents sticking and aids in even cooking.
- Bake your chicken breast in a 425°F preheated oven for 15-minute and ensure that it reaches the safe internal temperature of 165°F. For those who love a crispy finish, switch to broiling during the last few minutes. Keep a close watch to prevent any charring.
- Once done, enhance the dish with a garnish of fresh coriander or cilantro leaves for added flavor and a visually appealing finish. Your delicious baked chicken breast is ready to be savored.
- Pair this succulent Baked Chicken Breast with simple sides like steamed vegetables or a light salad for a well-rounded meal. For more creative and diverse pairing ideas, refer to the serving suggestions section.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Room Temperature Chicken: Before seasoning and baking, bring the chicken breasts to room temperature. This helps in even cooking, preventing the outside from drying out before the inside is fully cooked.
- Brining for Juiciness: Pounding and brining the breast is a crucial step to ensure maximum juiciness. If you're short on time, an effective alternative is to halve the breast, which also helps in even cooking and maintaining tenderness.
- Marination (Optional): For added flavor, consider marinating the chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes before baking. This can infuse deeper flavors into the meat.
- Broiling for Crispiness: If you desire a crispier outer layer, broil the chicken for the last few minutes of cooking. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Checking Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the chicken's internal temperature, which should reach 165°F (75°C) for safe consumption recommended by FDA. This prevents overcooking and helps achieve the perfect texture.
- Customizing Flavors: Personalize your dish by experimenting with a variety of herbs and spices. Discover more seasoning and marinade ideas on our blog.
- Resting Time: After baking, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring a moist and tender chicken breast.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Browse our varied collection of chicken breast and baked dinner recipes, each thoughtfully combining tender chicken with diverse vegetable sides. Ideal for flavorful, satisfying meals, these dishes are great for both everyday dining and special events.
Time and Temperature for Baking Chicken Breast
To perfectly bake chicken breasts, the oven temperature can vary depending on their size. Here's a straightforward guide with recommended temperatures and cooking times:
- 425°F: Typically takes 15-20 minutes.
- 400°F: Expect a cooking time of 20-25 minutes.
- 375°F: This setting usually requires up to 30 minutes.
- 350°F: Cook evenly for 30-35 minutes.
Regardless of the chosen temperature, it's crucial to always check the chicken's internal temperature. The FDA advises a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F for poultry. You can adjust higher depending on your preference for doneness.
Discover the perfect way to enjoy your Oven Baked Chicken Breast with these versatile serving suggestions. From hearty grains to light salads, find the ideal pairing to elevate this classic dish to new culinary heights.
- Classic Sides: Pair with roasted vegetables, steamed greens, or a fresh garden salad for a balanced meal.
- Grain Accompaniments: Serve atop a bed of fluffy brown rice, quinoa, or alongside whole grain bread for a hearty addition.
- Pasta Pairing: Slice the chicken and toss it with your favorite pasta and sauce for a satisfying Italian-inspired dish.
- Low-Carb Options: Accompany with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a lighter, low-carb meal.
- Sandwich or Wrap: Slice the chicken and use it in sandwiches or wraps, complete with fresh veggies and a suitable spread.
- Top a Salad: Add sliced chicken breast to a vibrant salad for a protein-packed lunch or dinner.
- Stir-Fry Addition: Cube the chicken and add it to a vegetable stir-fry for an Asian twist.
- Healthy Bowls: Create a wholesome bowl with a mix of grains, greens, sliced chicken breast, and a drizzle of your favorite dressing.
Enjoy the Oven Baked Chicken Breast best when served warm and fresh. For leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will remain good for up to 2 days.