Delight in the savory crunch of Baked Chicken Wings, a delectable and simple appetizer perfect for any occasion. Marinated in a blend of olive oil, baking powder, and classic spices, these oven-baked wings offer a healthier alternative to traditional fried wings without sacrificing taste. Crisp, juicy, and packed with flavor, they're ideal for movie nights, game gatherings, or just a satisfying meal any day of the week.
Discover More Baked Chicken Wonders:
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken and Rice
- Tandoori Chicken
- Roast Chicken
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
For these Oven Baked Chicken Wings, you'll need readily available pantry staples, easily found in most supermarkets. Let's take a look at the essential ingredients.
- Chicken Wings: Fresh wings are ideal, but frozen ones work just as well. Remember to thaw them to room temperature before seasoning.
- Olive Oil: This adds flavor and moisture to the wings, though butter can be a tasty alternative.
- Baking Powder: Essential for a crispy outer layer. Opt for an aluminum-free variety.
- Seasoning Powders: A blend of paprika, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, and black pepper powder will give your wings a delightful and robust flavor.
How to Bake Chicken Wings in Oven?
Get ready to transform ordinary chicken wings into a mouth-watering delight with our Oven Baked Chicken Wings recipe. Follow along with our step-by-step photos and video to effortlessly achieve crispy, flavorful perfection. Let's dive in!
Explore a Variety of Chicken and Chicken Wings:
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Fried Chicken Wings
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Cutlets
- Chicken Nuggets
- Popcorn Chicken
- Chicken Lollipop
Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder, black
- ½ tsp Chili Flakes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt, or as needed
To Make Baked Chicken Wings
- Combine chicken wings, olive oil, garlic powder, ginger powder, paprika, chili flakes, black pepper, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Toss until the wings are evenly coated. You can bake immediately or let them rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Lay the wings in a single layer on a wire rack set over a baking tray (spray the rack with oil to prevent sticking).
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 40-50 minutes. For added crispiness, switch to broil in the last 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven, and your Baked Chicken Wings are ready to be savored.
- Serve these Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings with a variety of sauces and dips to suit your taste. Accompany them with classic sides like celery sticks or a selection of roasted vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Crispy Outer Layer: Use aluminum-free baking powder for a golden, crispy outer layer, bake at a high temperature to ensure crunchiness, and consider broiling for the final 5 to 7 minutes for an extra crisp finish.
- Baking Temperature: While I baked the wings at 400°F for 40-50 minutes to achieve the perfect crispiness, you can adjust the temperature between 360°F and 425°F. Bake until the skin is crispy and golden to your preference.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Explore our variety of chicken wings and fried chicken recipes, complete with flavorful dips. Perfect for any event, these crispy, savory dishes are sure to satisfy your craving for a delectable treat.
For serving your Baked Chicken Wings, consider these delightful pairings:
These wings are perfect as a starter, accompanied by a range of dipping sauces like garlic parmesan, garlic butter, honey mustard, or buffalo sauce. Alternatively, pair them with classic sides such as celery sticks and ranch dressing, or elevate the dish with roasted green beans, carrots, broccoli, or potatoes for a well-rounded meal.
Keep them in an airtight container for up to 2 days. To enjoy them again, simply reheat in a preheated oven at 350°F until they regain their crispiness.