Buffalo Wings Sauce is a simple, spicy, and tangy dip crafted from basic ingredients like butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. It originated in Buffalo, New York, thanks to Teressa Bellissimo's culinary innovation at her family restaurant.
This sauce's unique blend of flavors has made it a beloved choice for creating classic Buffalo Wingsor serving as a dip for appetizers. Customizable to your taste, it's a must-have condiment for gatherings and game nights, delivering a delicious punch.
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
To prepare this Buffalo Wings Sauce, you'll need basic ingredients that are readily available in most supermarkets. Let's take a closer look at what you'll need:
- Butter: You can opt for either salted or unsalted butter. If using unsalted butter, simply season the sauce to your taste with a pinch of salt.
- Hot Sauce: I've opted for Franks hot sauce in this recipe, but feel free to choose your favorite hot sauce that's convenient for you.
- Garlic Powder: This adds a subtle garlic flavor to the sauce.
- Soy or Worcestershire Sauce: I've substituted soy sauce for Worcestershire sauce for convenience.
- Vinegar: Provides a gentle tangy flavor while also acting as a preservative.
How to make Buffalo Sauce?
Get ready to whip up a delectable batch of Buffalo Wings Sauce that's sure to tantalize your taste buds. With clear photos and helpful video instructions, you'll master this flavorful sauce effortlessly. Let's dive into the recipe!
Explore a World of Dips to Elevate Your Meal:
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- Remoulade Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- Szechuan Sauce
- Mango Chutney
Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 8 tbsp Butter, Salted
- 1½ cup Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce , or soy sauce
To Make Buffalo Wings Sauce
- Start by melting the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, lower the heat and add hot sauce, garlic powder, vinegar, and your preference of soy sauce or Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir everything together until it's well blended. Now, you've got yourself a hot and spicy buffalo wing sauce, all set to add a flavorful kick to your recipes!
To Use this Sauce
- Combine this sauce with your preferred oven-baked or fried chicken wings, or even cauliflower wings. For instance, you can use 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce for every 2 pounds (approximately 900 grams) of chicken wings.
- Enjoy this Buffalo Wings Sauce as a delectable dip for your chicken wings, or to create classic buffalo chicken wings.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Seasoning: Enhance the flavor of the sauce with garlic powder, vinegar, soy sauce, or Worcestershire sauce. For an extra kick, consider adding some cayenne pepper.
- Creamier Texture: If you prefer a slightly creamier sauce, add a tablespoon of cornflour slurry while simmering, or substitute it with 3 to 4 tablespoons of mayo.
- Sweeten with Honey: For a sweeter twist, incorporate 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey to enjoy a honey-infused version of this sauce.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Delve into our flavorful selection, featuring a spectrum of party dips. From classic favorites to inventive creations, our recipes are meticulously designed to enhance and elevate your chicken wing dining adventure!
Pair this Buffalo Sauce with chicken wings (oven-baked, air-fried, or fried) for classic buffalo wings. Alternatively, use it as a dip for chicken nuggets, popcorn chicken, lollipop, and various chicken-based starters and appetizers.
Keep your Buffalo Wings Sauce fresh in a sealed airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to one month. Reheat to maintain the desired consistency.