Garlic Butter Sauce is a flavorful and aromatic Italian sauce, ideal for enhancing a variety of dishes. This simple yet delectable condiment combines butter, garlic, Italian herbs, pepper, and lemon, making it a perfect complement to pasta, chicken, steak, and seafood like shrimp, lobster, and salmon. Its preparation is quick and easy, taking less than 10 minutes.
Just melt the butter, then mix in garlic, herbs, and spices over low heat. The result is a warm, versatile sauce that's great for tossing, spreading, or dipping, adding a rich taste to your favorite pasta, poultry, and seafood recipes.
Explore the Range of Garlic Butter Based Creations:
Creating Garlic Butter Sauce is straightforward, requiring only a few basic ingredients readily available in most supermarkets. Here's what you need for this rich and flavorsome sauce:
- Butter: European style salted butter is recommended for its rich, creamy texture. However, you can use any butter you prefer.
- Garlic: Essential for its unique taste and aroma. Fresh garlic is ideal, but you can substitute garlic powder if fresh garlic isn't available.
- Herbs: A mix of fresh parsley and dill leaves. Feel free to add basil to enhance the flavor, or use other Italian herbs for an extra kick.
- Chives: Fresh chives add a delightful aroma to the sauce.
- Pepper Powder: Adds a mild heat. If you prefer more spice, consider chili flakes as an alternative.
- Lemon Juice (optional): Adds a zesty touch to the sauce. This is an optional ingredient and can be used or omitted based on your taste preference.
How to make Garlic Butter Sauce?
Get ready to elevate your cooking with our Garlic Butter Sauce recipe, complete with step-by-step photos and a video guide. Follow along to effortlessly create this aromatic and flavorful condiment.
Discover a World of Flavorful Italian Condiments:
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Bechamel Sauce
- Pasta Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Garlic Butter
Garlic Butter Sauce
- 8 oz Butter, salted
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Chives
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, optional
- 1 tbsp Dill Leaves, optional
To make Garlic Butter Sauce
- Start by melting the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté until it becomes aromatic.
- Reduce the heat and toss in the parsley, dill leaves, chives, and a pinch of pepper. Give it a good stir and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes. This allows the butter to soak up all those wonderful herb flavors.
- Finish it off with a squeeze of lemon juice and a final mix.
- Your delightful Garlic Butter Sauce is now ready to taste and enjoy!
- Indulge in the irresistible Garlic Butter Sauce by pairing it with pasta, chicken, steak, and a variety of seafood delights, including shrimp, crab legs, fish, and lobster tails.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Butter Choice: European style salted butter is ideal for a creamy, rich sauce, but feel free to use any available butter. Remember to adjust the salt accordingly, as salted butter adds its own saltiness.
- Aromatic Herbs: Herbs like parsley, dill, and chives add freshness and aroma. Enhance the flavors further with Italian herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme, or rosemary for a more tempting profile.
- Garlic Flavor: Freshly chopped garlic is recommended for its appetizing and irresistible flavor, which is essential to the sauce.
- Heat Adjustment: Pepper powder is used for mild heat. If you prefer a spicier kick, consider adding chili flakes.
- To thicken the Sauce: If you prefer a thicker Garlic Butter Sauce, mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of water, stir into the sauce, and simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
How to use this Sauce?
Garlic Butter Sauce, a simple yet versatile and flavorful condiment, is capable of transforming your pasta, seafood, bread, and meat dishes into gourmet delights. Let's explore the different ways it can be used to enhance your meals.
- Pasta: Elevate your favorite pasta by tossing it in this aromatic, herb-infused sauce for a quick and delightful meal.
- Seafood: Use the sauce as a dip for crab legs, lobster tails, shrimp, or fish to create a delicious starter or side dish.
- Bread: Spread the creamy garlic butter sauce on toasted or plain bread for a satisfying breakfast or snack.
- Chicken and Steaks: Complement your lunch or dinner by serving this sauce alongside baked or grilled chicken or steaks for a crowd-pleasing meal.
This Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce remains fresh in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and is best enjoyed when fresh. Freezing is not recommended, as it may affect the sauce's freshness and fragrance.