Whole wheat banana bread is a simple, healthy, and aromatic breakfast recipe that can be made with ingredients that are available in most kitchens. The best part is, this can be made with ripened bananas which no longer need to be thrown out. And it makes a perfect kids-friendly snack to treat your little ones.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- 1½ cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 Banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Milk, warm
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Oats, to sprinkle
- 1 tsp Cashew Nuts, to sprinkle
To make Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray and lightly dusting it with flour. Now keep it aside
- In a bowl combine oil, mashed banana, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and give it a stir until everything gets incorporated. The wet ingredients are ready to be used later
- In another bowl, sift and combine flour, salt, and baking soda
- Now combine the wet ingredients into a bowl and stir until everything is well combined
- Add the warm milk gradually and make it into thick batter consistency
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and sprinkle the top with cashew nuts and oats
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes and check the bread with a toothpick that it comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan
- Slice and serve with a cup of milk or anything that you would prefer
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Bread or cake made with whole wheat flour along with ripened banana and other baking ingredients gives a perfect healthy banana bread.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
Find more recipes: Coconut cookies