Chicken empanadas is a type of baked or fried turnover consisting of pastry and filling which originated from Spain. It is common in southern European, Latin American, Indonesian, Malaysian, Singapore, and Filipino cultures. This dish with chicken and the combination of potatoes, jalapeno, and other key spices give us a perfect tasty appetizer for any meal. This can also be prepared with other meat or even vegetables and achieve a similar taste.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Chicken recipes for more.
- 3 cups All-purpose flour, maida
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- Water, cold, for kneading
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Chicken, minced
- ¼ cup Potato, boiled
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Onion, diced
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Curry powder
- Oil for frying
To Prepare Dough
- Add salt, melted butter to the flour and combine everything well in a bowl
- Mix the egg to the flour mixture and incorporate it well and then gradually add cold water to the mix to make a soft dough and keep it aside for an hour in the refrigerator
To Prepare Filling For Empanadas
- Add oil in a pan and add cumin, onion and saute it until it becomes soft
- Now add jalapeno pepper and saute it for a minute in a medium flame
- Add the chicken pieces, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, and salt, give a nice stir and close the lid
- Let it cook for 5 minutes until the chicken leaves water
- Now add the curry powder and potato to the above mixture and mix it well
- If the chicken is not cooked, drizzle some water and wait until the chicken is done
- Switch off the stove and let the filling cools down
- Now take the dough from the refrigerator, flour the surface, and using a rolling pin roll it out
- Use a round cookie cutter or any circular lid of a small mason jar to cut the dough
- Place the filling in the middle of the dough
- Fold and press the sides with a fork
- Now in a deep bottom pan, add oil and fry the Empanadas to golden brown in medium flame
- Remove and drain it
- Serve warm or cold with any sauce of your choice
It is baked or fried turned overfilled with meat, chicken, or vegetable fillings.
Yes, replace chicken with tofu for fillings and skip the egg and butter for the preparation of the dough.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.