Moroccan harissa chicken is a spicy, flavorful, finger-licking side dish that is authentic to the northern part of Africa. This dish is made with delicious homemade harissa paste which makes it tastier and more flavorful. The uniqueness of the spices with the chicken is a great treat for people who love hot and spicy food. And it is best served for lunch and dinner.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Chicken Recipes.
- Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- Roasted Chicken
- Arabian Chicken Mandi
- Garlic Chilli Chicken Dry
- Middle Eastern Chicken Rice
More Roasted & Baked Recipes:
Moroccan Harissa Chicken
- 1.6 lb Chicken, thighs and drumsticks
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder, paprika
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Harissa paste, blend of dry chili, garlic, lemon juice, coriander seeds, olive oil
- Salt, as need
- 1 tsp Olive oil
To Prepare Moroccan Harissa Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with ginger, garlic, cumin, chili, pepper powder, harissa paste, and salt. Keep it aside for at least 20 minutes
- Cover the rectangular baking tray with aluminum foil, drizzle some olive oil and place the marinated chicken pieces
- Place the tray inside the oven and let it cook for 30 minutes
- Flip the chicken pieces to the other side and cook it for 30 more minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and brush the chicken with a little harissa paste
- Set the oven to broil mode and roast the chicken for 5-7 minutes
- Now the roasted tasty Moroccan harissa chicken is ready to serve
- Garnish the chicken with jalapeno, lemon slices, parsley and serve warm with salads, jasmine rice, couscous or just as a starter
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Chicken marinated with the special harissa spice paste and roasted or grilled in preferred temperature to perfection.
Yes, it can be roasted in pan or skillet.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
More recipe: Instant Vegetable Masala Maggi Noodles