Roasted Cauliflower is a crispy, crunchy, and moderately spiced veggie dish. It is usually made with fresh cauliflower, olive oil, and basic spice powders. Here I have shared the recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with easy step-by-step instructions for you to try at home.
I have also shared a detailed video of this recipe to make the cooking process simple and clear. This Oven Roasted Cauliflower is one of the best dishes to try for lunch and dinner with brown rice or white rice and it takes only under 30 minutes to make this dish.
What is Roasted Cauliflower?
Roasted Cauliflower is a crispy, crunchy, and spicy veggie dish made with staple ingredients. It is made with fresh cauliflower, spice powders, and olive oil. The cauliflower florets are usually tossed with spice powders and baked in an oven on high heat. Then the baked veggies are broiled for a few minutes to achieve a smokey and crunchy texture.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
The ingredients you will need to make this Roasted Cauliflower are simple and it should be available in most Indian grocery stores around. So let us check out what are they below.
- Cauliflower - I have used medium size cauliflower and I have also cut them ito a bite size florets
- Olive Oil - Eventhough I have used olive oil here, you can also feel free to use cooking oil of your choice
- Spice Powders - I have used chili, coriander, ginger, garlic and pepper powder for making this dish. These spice powders gives nice flavor and taste to your veggies. At the same time they deliver some heat to the dish as well
How to Roast Cauliflower?
The recipe I have shared here is spicy, crispy, and made with basic ingredients. And it gives perfect crunchy and non-soggy cauliflower every time.
Following are the high-level instructions to make this recipe but for detailed step-by-step instructions with photo and video, please check out the recipe card below.
- Mix all the ingredients - In a bowl, add the cleaned cauliflower, pour oil and add spice powder mentioned in the recipe card below
- Toss everything well - Toss everything until all the seasoning coat well on the cauliflower florets
- Transfer to baking sheet - Now transfer the cauliflower florets into a oil greased baking sheet
- Bake - Now place the baking sheet in a preheated oven @ 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the veggies for about 10 to 15 minutes until they turn golden and crispy
- Serve- Removes the spicy and healthy Oven Roasted Cauliflower from the oven and garnish with some coriander leaves. And serve it with your favorite dishes of your choice
How Long to Bake Cauliflower?
Baking Temperature and Time - You can roast or bake the cauliflower at 425°F for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the florets are large then feel free to increase the baking time up to 20 minutes.
For a more charred and smoky cauliflower, I recommend switching the bake mode to broil for the last 3 to 5 minutes. You could also use other preferred temperatures and adjust the time for similar results. But adjusting the temperature settings to low will increase the roasting time.
- For Taste and Flavor - Adding spice powders like ginger, garlic, chili, coriander and pepper powder gives nice flavor and taste to this dish
- Substitute for Spice - You can also substitute the spice powders with curry powder which gives similar taste and flavor
- Broiling - You can also broil the veggies for last 2 minutes in low setting for a more charred and smokey flavor
- Serving - You can serve this healthy and spicy Oven Roasted Cauliflower with rice, chicken , salmon or other dishes of your choice
This Roasted Cauliflower that I have shared here contains 189 calories per serving and it is an estimation by the nutrition calculator. The calorie count may change if you change any of the ingredients. You could also check the detailed nutritional information in the recipe card below.
This Roasted Cauliflower stays good for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in a closed container. Make sure to broil for 1 to 2 minutes in the oven or reheat using a pan or microwave before enjoying it again.
You could also find similar recipes below and more at Roasted and Baked Recipes.
- Roasted Carrots
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Baked Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans
- Sauteed Spinach
- Baked Tofu
- Oven Baked Garlic Butter Salmon
- Oven Roasted Moroccan Chicken
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe video
I have also shared a detailed video of this Roasted Cauliflower recipe that I hope will help you to make a delicious easy meal at home. And you could also find this recipe in story format.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 1½ lb Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt, as needed
To make Roasted Cauliflower
- In a bowl, add the washed and cleaned cauliflower florets
- Pour oil and add the ginger, garlic, chili, coriander, pepper powder, and salt
- Toss until the seasoning coat well on the cauliflower florets
- Now transfer the spice seasoned cauliflower florets into an oil greased baking sheet
- Now place the baking sheet with cauliflower into a preheated oven at @ 425 degrees Fahrenheit. And bake them for 10 to 15 minutes
- Remove the Roasted Cauliflower from the oven and garnish them with coriander leaves. And now it is ready for you to try and enjoy
- Serve this crispy and smoky Roasted Cauliflower with rice, salmon, chicken, or similar dishes
- For Taste and Flavor - Adding spice powders like ginger, garlic, chili, coriander, and pepper powder gives a nice flavor and taste to this dish
- Baking Temperature - I have roasted the veggie for 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and it gives the perfect crispy veggies
- Substitute for Spice - You can also substitute the spice powder with curry powder which gives a similar taste and flavor
- Broiling - You can also broil the veggies for the last 2 minutes in a low setting for a more charred and smokey flavor
- Serving - You can serve this healthy and spicy Oven Roasted Cauliflower with rice, chicken, salmon, or other dishes of your choice
Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Cauliflower is a flavorful one-pan veggie dish packed with flavors of aromatic spice powders. The cauliflower florets are usually tossed in a perfect seasoning mix and baked in an oven on high heat for a certain temperature. Then the baked veggies are broiled for a few minutes to achieve a smokey and crunchy texture.
I have used ginger, garlic, chili, coriander, and pepper powder for making this dish but you can also use the seasoning of your choice.
You can roast the medium size cauliflower florets for about 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. The roasting time may vary if the temperature varies and also depend on the size of the cauliflower.
Yes, you can add parmesan cheese for making this recipe. Make sure to add the parmesan in the last few minutes to get a crunchy texture.
This Roasted Cauliflower that I have shared here contains 189 calories per serving and it is an estimation by the nutrition calculator. The calorie count may change if any of the ingredients are changed. You could also check the detailed nutritional information in the recipe card above.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe that I have shared here and I would love to hear from you on how it turned out for you. Please let me know.
If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.