Thai fish cake is a classic street food that is a perfect starter for any meal. This simple and easy-to-make Thai seafood recipe is a great alternative for takeouts which could be made in minutes when your tongue craves street/restaurant foods. And this can be served as a snack too.
Please find more Thai recipes below.
You could also find more Thai Recipes below.
Find similar recipes below and more at Seafood Recipes.
If you are looking for more seafood recipes from fish to prawns and from side dishes to main dishes, you can take a look at this collection of Indian Seafood Recipes from this blog in one place. Take a peek!
Thai Fish Cake
- 5 Fish fillet, tilapia preferred, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- Sweet chili sauce, mayo
- Lime wedges
To Prepare Thai Fish Cake
- In a blender, mince fish fillets and add red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, egg, black pepper powder, lime juice, fish sauce, coriander leaves, rice flour, and salt.
- Mix and incorporate everything well
- Shape the mixture into small circular patties
- In a frying pan with medium heat, add oil, put the fish patties and cook until it becomes golden brown on both the sides and remove it from the pan
- Serve the warm fish cake with sweet chili sauce/mayo and lime wedges
Frequently asked questions
Fish cake is a popular Asian street food recipe in which the minced fish is marinated with spices and herbs and then deep-fried to golden brown in color.
Fish fillets of Tilapia, Salmon, Halibut are some of the fishes that work well for making a fish cake.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.