Chocolate strawberry cake is a rich, soft, and fluffy sweet dessert that is popular all around the world. The basic chocolate cake is made with chocolate or cocoa powder combined with other ingredients. The strawberries and whipped cream in this recipe make the cake juicy and enhance the flavor of the chocolate cake. This cake is so inviting that it can be a perfect kids-friendly or adult-friendly birthday cake or it can be served as a dessert for any party.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Baking Recipes for more.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe video
I have also shared easy and simple steps to make this recipe in the video below and I believe it will help you to prepare the cake at home. For a quick reference, you could also find this recipe in story format.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Coffee, brewed
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar, granulated
- ¾ cup Curd
- Salt, a pinch, optional
- 1 cup Whipping cream, heavy
- ¼ cup Sugar, powdered
- ¼ cup Strawberry, chopped
For Chocolate Glaze
- 3 oz Chocolate bar, chopped
- ¼ cup Butter, room temperature
To Prepare Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- In a bowl add egg, curd, oil, vanilla essence, brewed coffee and whisk everything together
- Add sieved all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar to the above mixture and combine well without forming any lumps
To Bake the Cake
- Now pour the prepared batter into the greased cake pan and bake it in the preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cake to completely cool down
To Prepare Whipping Cream
- Meanwhile, pour the whipping cream into a large bowl and add powdered sugar and vanilla essence to it
- Whip the mixture with an electric hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks and keep it aside
To Prepare Chocolate Glaze
- In a saucepan melt, the chocolate in a double boiler and add butter to it
- Whisk the chocolate until it is creamy and keep it aside to reach the room temperature. If the glaze is too thick you can add 2 to 3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream to achieve a desired consistency
To Assemble the Cake
- Now invert the cake from the pan and cut it into two equal parts
- Fill the one part of the cake with whipping cream and top with chopped strawberries
- Now place the other part of the cake over the strawberry filled cake
- Finally, pour the melted chocolate on top of the cake and allow it to cool down
- Slice and serve the delicious chocolate strawberry cake or refrigerate up to 3 days
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
The key to achieving perfectly moist chocolate is by combining the right amount of ingredients at room temperature and baking at a certain high temperature.
Creaming the butter and sugar to the right consistency makes the cake light and fluffy. But we used oil and curd for fluffy moist cake.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.