Fish stir fry is an Indian dish containing battered or marinated fried fish. It is a flavorful seafood starter and a staple non-vegetarian food from the region. This stir fry is spicy, juicy, and smells divine when prepared with the right ingredients. The recipe given below is a combination of Meen Pollichathu and a regular Fish Fry which delivers a delicious flavor and aroma and tastes great as a side dish with rice for lunch and dinner.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Seafood Recipes for more.
If you are looking for more seafood recipes from fish to prawn and from side dishes to main dishes, you can take a look at this collection of Indian Seafood Recipes from this blog in one place. Take a peek!
Fish Stir Fry
- 5 Fish Fillet, preferred red snapper, Halibut, tilapia, cleaned without skin
- 1 cup Shallots, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 3 Green chili
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt, as needed
- Oil, for frying
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- 4 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- In a bowl prepare marinade with chili, coriander, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, salt, 1 tsp of lemon juice and combine everything well
- Smear the marinade all over the fish fillets and keep it aside for 15 minutes
To Prepare Fish Stir Fry
- In a pan with low medium heat, add oil and fry the marinated fillets both the sides until 80% is cooked
- Remove the fried fishes from the pan
- In the same pan with the remaining oil, add cumin and fennel seeds and wait until it spluttered
- Now add onion, green chili, minced ginger and garlic and saute it until onion turns soft. Add tomatoes and cook until it’s mushy
- Now add chili, coriander and turmeric powder and saute it nicely
- Add some water and cover the pan with lid and cook for five minutes
- Now add coconut milk to the above mix, give it a nice stir and cook it in low flame until the mix turns to thick gravy
- Tear the fried fishes into bite size pieces and add it to the gravy prepared above
- Stir to incorporate the fish well with the gravy
- Switch off the stove
- Now the delicious fish stir fry is ready to serve
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with white rice/roti or dosa
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Marinated fish pieces fried in oil and then stirred along with onions and other spices is called fish stir fry.
Tilapia, Red Snapper, Salmon, Cat Fish, Milk Fish are some of the varieties that tastes best for fry recipes.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.