Watermelon Juice is a refreshing, hydrating, and naturally sweet healthy drink. It is prepared with ripened watermelon, lime juice, and water and is loaded with a lot of benefits. This Watermelon Juice is the ultimate drink to serve for breakfast, after work out, snack, or as a summer refreshment.
What is Watermelon Juice?
Watermelon Juice is a cool, delicious, and fresh drink made with just 2 ingredients without any sweeteners. This fruit by itself delivers a naturally sweet taste and thus it makes a healthy drink. And the high water content in the fruit helps in rehydrating your body instantly after the workout.
Even though my family loves to eat the fruit itself, sometimes making it as juice will never fail to impress them. Yes, it is such a hydrating summer drink to quench your thirst, and comes all together in under 10 minutes. At times, I make Watermelon Smoothie for a quick filling breakfast especially if we need to grab something healthy to start our day.
Here I have used a medium-sized watermelon, that yielded 4 cups of juice. You could always reduce or increase the quantity by adding extra water. But here the fruit itself has a high level of water content, so I have used only 2 cups of water for the whole fruit.
This supercooling watermelon juice needs mainly 3 ingredients and they are the following.
- Watermelon - Look for a watermelon that has yellow patches and is heavy for its size. The yellow patches should be on the resting side of the fruit. This indication shows that the fruit is ripe and juicy
- Lime Juice - Delivers a zesty flavor and taste to the juice. You can also use lemon juice instead of lime
- Mint Leaves (optional) - This gives a refreshing mint taste and fresh flavor to your drink and it does turn the juice to a brown color. So feel free to use or skip it
- Water - You can use water or just blend the fruit alone. Since the fruit has a high water content by itself, about 92%
How to Make Watermelon Juice at Home?
Following are the high-level instructions for this recipe and detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures and video, please check out the recipe card below.
You can also find similar recipes below and more at Juice Recipes.
- Strawberry Juice
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Mango Juice
- Apple Juice
- Aguas Fresca
- Celery Juice
- Cucumber Juice
- Green Juice
- Grape Juice
- Beetroot Juice
- Tomato Juice
- Cucumber Water
- Homemade Electrolyte Drink
- 1 Watermelon, medium size
- 2 cups Water, optional
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves, optional
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
To Make Watermelon Juice
- Cut the Watermelon into two equal parts and make vertical and horizontal slits as shown in the picture
- Scoop the watermelon using a spoon and reserve them in a bowl
- Now in a blender jar, add watermelon, and lime juice. You may also use mint leaves while blending but it changes the color of the juice to brown. You can see the brown juice in the last pic for reference
- Blend everything until it turns smooth
- Now pour the refreshing Watermelon Juice into the serving glass and it is now ready to taste and enjoy
- Serve this healthy and fresh Watermelon Juice for breakfast, quick snack, or as a refreshing summer drink
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Flavor and taste - I have added mint leaves and lime juice for this juice which enhances the taste and flavor of the drink. You can also add ginger to flavor up the watermelon juice
- Mint Version - Even though adding mint gives fresh flavor and taste, it turns the drink into a brown color and it is an optional ingredient so feel free to skip it if you don't want to use
- Health Benefits - Watermelon juice has high rehydrating properties, rich in vitamins and minerals that help to boost immunity and maintain good health
- Serving - This Watermelon Juice is a perfectly healthy drink to serve for breakfast, a quick snack, or as a simple thirst quencher on sunny days
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Looking for more Juice Recipes to enjoy as a quick treat for breakfast or as a refreshment? Then you might find the Collection of Juice Recipes, and Healthy Drinks recipes at one place to quench your thirst. Take a peek!
This Watermelon juice can be served for breakfast, after a workout, as a quick snack, or refreshment for hot sunny days.
You can store this juice in the refrigerator for two days and it is normal for the juice to separate while it is resting. So just give a mix or whirl before serving again.
This Watermelon Juice is not only easy to make a drink but also has a lot of health benefits that are much needed for our bodies.
- Hydrating - The high moisture and water content helps to instantly hydrate your body
- Low in calories - This fruit is low in calories but rich in vitamins and minerals. And it also helps to keep you fuller
- Lycopene - Helps to reduce the risk of cancer and this potent antioxidant makes the fruit to be bright red
- Heart Health - The nutrients in fruits help to improve heart health as well (Source: Healthline)