Green Juice is a bright, healthy, and refreshing detox drink loaded with nutrients and health benefits. It is made with spinach, parsley, mint leaves, cucumber, pineapple, lemon juice, and ginger. This Green Juice is one of the best vegan-friendly drinks that cleanse away toxins, help in weight loss, boost your immune system, or as a healthy summer refreshment.
What is Green Juice?
Green Juice is a healthy and refreshing drink made with greens, veggies, and fruits. It is loaded with essential nutritional benefits that help to boost the immune system. This Green Juice is also one of the healthy detox drinks that helps clean toxins away.
The greeny leaves and veggies alone may make your drink bitter, so adding tropical fruits and citrus fruits makes the drink appetizing. It is also a good way to increase the vegetable-fruit intake that keeps you full. And it also keeps you away from sudden hunger pangs that lead to snacking.
Even though there are many green juice powders available in the market, making them fresh from scratch at home is always healthy. So without further delay, let's check out the recipe below.
More Green Drinks:
The ingredients you will need to make this Green Juice are simple and customizable. Below are the ingredients that I have used for my Green Juice Recipe.
- Spinach - Filled with vitamins and minerals that keep you safe from viruses and bacteria
- Parsley - Works as a natural diuretic and vitamin that supports bone growth
- Mint Leaves - Boost your immune system, giving fresh aroma and taste
- Cucumber - Water content keeps you hydrated, and the fibers help you with good digestion
- Pineapple - Gives the perfect tropical twist to your green drink
- Lemon Juice and Ginger - Delivers your drink's citrusy and warm flavor. And it is also loaded with anti-inflammatory properties
How to Make Green Juice at Home?
The recipe I have shared here is the Green Juice made with spinach, parsley, mint, cucumber, and pineapple. I have also added lemon juice and ginger for a citrusy and warm flavor which also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the best drinks when you are looking for a healthy way to increase your veggie and fruit intake.
- Cucumber Juice
- Celery Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Strawberry Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Mango Juice
- Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Grape Juice
- Beetroot Juice
- Tomato Juice
- ½ cup Spinach, loosely packed
- ¼ cup Parsley Leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tsp Mint Leaves
- 3 tbsp Pineapple, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 cups Water
To make Green Juice
- In a blender jar, add spinach, parsley leaves, mint leaves, cucumber, pineapple, ginger, lemon juice, and water
- Close the lid and blend until everything turns smooth on a blender
- Open the lid and pour the healthy Green Juice into a serving glass. I haven't strained the juice here to enjoy the full health benefits but you can feel free to strain it if you prefer that way
- Serve this refreshing Green Juice as a healthy refreshment on hot summer days or as a first thing in the morning to cleanse and detox your body
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Greens - I have used spinach, parsley, and mint leaves for green leaves and you can also use kale, cilantro, and similar options
- Fruits and Veggies - You can use green apples, celery, carrots for other fruits and veggie options
- Coconut Water - You can also use coconut water instead of water for a refreshing twist
- Make-ahead - You can prepare ahead the ingredients to make the process easy and simple. But I suggest consuming the juice as soon as it is prepared
- Blender/juicer - I have used a blender to make this juice and you can also use a juicer if that's handy for you
- Serving - Serve this healthy Green Juice as a refreshing drink on summer days or as a first thing in the morning to cleanse away the toxins from the body
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Serve or enjoy this healthy drink first thing in the morning to enjoy its full benefits or as a refreshment to quench your thirst.
This Green Juice tastes great when served immediately as soon as it is prepared. But you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a day in a closed jar.
Is Green Juice good for health? The most frequent questions that come to all of us. According to Healthline,
- Leafy greens help reduce inflammation, and heart disease risk and improve the immune system
- Boost the nutrient intake
- Reduces constipation, certain compounds in the juice function as prebiotics that help in weight loss and weight maintenance
Note: Even though this Green Juice is filled with benefits, individuals with specific health concerns or allergies have to consult the experts before adding it into their diet.