Green Smoothie is a refreshing and nutrient-dense detox drink made with healthy greens, veggies, and fruits. This Green Smoothie is one of the healthy options to boost your overall immunity, cleanse away the toxins, to keep you full for longer to achieve your weight loss goals. It is a perfect vegan-friendly drink that can be also enjoyed as a nourishing treat for hot summer days.
What is Green Smoothie?
Green Smoothie is a power-packed and nutrient-dense healthy drink. It is usually a blend of green leaves, vegetables, and fruits loaded with minerals, vitamins, and fiber. These Green Smoothies are great for morning breakfast, before or after work out, or as a healthy alternative to one of your regular meals.
While many of you know greeny leaves and veggies are good, adding them to our diet regularly also has a lot of health benefits to our bodies. Even though leafy greens have powerful nutrients using them alone to make a smoothie delivers a bitter taste. So the combination of healthy fruits, veggies, and fats makes the smoothie appetizing and delicious.
Also, the ingredients that we use here help to boost our immunity, keep away from infection, cleanse and detoxify our body and are also a great healthy option for weight loss.
More Green Drinks
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
The ingredients you will need to make this Green Smoothie are minimal and you can also customize it according to your preferences. So let's see what you will need to make this drink.
- Spinach - A Rich source of vitamins and minerals that help to boost your immune system and also keep you full for longer
- Cucumber - Water in cucumber keeps you hydrated and also loaded with nutrients like potassium, magnesium, and vitamin K
- Parsley - A powerful natural diuretic and also helps to promote bone health
- Mint Leaves - Good source of anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal inflammation
- Mango Pulp - Rich in fiber, and antioxidants that help in digestion, healthy hair, and skin and may support cardiovascular health
- Bananas - Rich in antioxidants, may aid weight loss and keep you full for longer as well
- Almond Milk - A good source of vitamin E and healthy fats. Even though I have used almond milk here, you can also use other nondairy or dairy products as the liquid base
How to Make Green Smoothie at Home?
The recipe I have shared here is a healthy and detox-friendly Green Smoothie that can be whipped up in under 5 minutes. Here I have added more greens than fruits to maintain the health benefits of green leaves. But you can also add more fruits like apples, and berries for more sweetness.
- Spinach Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Protein Smoothie
- Banana Smoothie
- Oatmeal Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
- 1½ cup Spinach, loosely packed
- ½ cup Parsley Leaves
- 3 tbsp Mint Leaves
- ½ cup Mango Pulp
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1 Cucumber
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Water
To make Green Smoothie
- In the blender jar, add spinach, cucumber, banana, mango, water, and almond milk
- Close the lid and grind until everything turns smooth on a blender
- Remove the jar from the blender and pour the green smoothie into a serving glass. Now the healthy detox smoothie is ready for you to taste and enjoy
- Serve this healthy Green Smoothie for breakfast that keeps you energized for the rest of the day
Chef's Notes and Tips
- For a healthy smoothie - Adding more fresh green leaves helps us to make a healthy, vitamin, mineral, and fiber-rich smoothie
- To avoid bitterness - Fruits like banana, mango, pineapple, strawberries, and other berries will naturally sweeten your smoothie
- Healthy liquid options - Here I have added almond milk but you can also use coconut milk, coconut water, or regular whole milk to make this smoothie
- Add natural fats - Even though I have added only bananas here, you can also use avocado for a healthy dose of fat. You can also add coconut oil, ghee, or other nuts for a healthy fat
- Boost with healthy veggies - You can also add carrots, beetroot, and celery for additional health benefits
- Optional Supplements - Adding protein powders, maca powders, or other superfoods to increase the nutritional value of the smoothie
- Natural Herbs and spices - Parsley, and mint leaves give a unique taste and flavor profile to your smoothie and you can also use ginger, cinnamon powder, and cumin seeds for a warm and aromatic flavor
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Serve this healthy smoothie for breakfast or instead of any meal to keep you fuller for longer. You can enjoy it before or after a workout, or grab and go lunch.
You can store this smoothie in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in a closed container. But I would suggest making them as fresh as possible to enjoy their full benefits.
Are Green Smoothies really that good for you? It is the main question that gets into our minds. According to WebMD, Green Smoothies are,
- Helps to maintain digestive health
- Fiber-rich green leaves and fruits help to keep you full for longer which is an important factor in weight loss
- Vitamin K in the leafy greens will help to maintain good bone health
- Leafy greens are rich in Vitamin C which helps to boost immunity, and infections and cleanse your body of toxins