Celery Juice is a healthy and nourishing detox drink made with fresh organic Celery. It is one of the popular drinks known for its potential health benefits and healing power. This healthy Celery Juice is a perfect drink to start your day and to enjoy the full nutrients of the drink consume it on an empty stomach!
What is Celery Juice?
Celery Juice is a healthy drink that became popular across the globe for its various health benefits. Its potential health benefits were first shared by Anthony Williams, the originator of the Celery Juice movement, and it then gained awareness all around the world.
So this post is all about Celery Juice and its wide nutritional benefits like weight loss, bloating, cleansing, and healing all kinds of acute and chronic illnesses. More importantly, you do not require a bunch of ingredients to make this miracle drink. It is super simple to make and also easy to customize according to your palate.
More Green Drinks
More Healthy Drinks
The ingredients that you will need for this recipe are simple. Take a look at it below.
- Celery - I have used organic celery to make this drink but feel free to use non-organic ones if that is handy for you
- Water - Filtered water to blend the veggie
How to Make Celery Juice at Home?
Savor the crisp simplicity of Celery Juice. Follow along with step-by-step visuals for a rejuvenating experience. Let's dive into the recipe.
You can find similar recipes below and more at Juice Recipes.
- Cucumber Juice
- Green Juice
- Mango Juice
- Strawberry Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Grape Juice
- Beetroot Juice
- Tomato Juice
- 1 bunch Celery, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup Filtered Water
To make Celery Juice
- Cut the base of the Celery bunch and wash them thoroughly in running water to remove all the dirt. Chop the Celery into bite-size pieces
- Add the chopped Celery into the blender jar see and add ½ cup of water
- Close the lid and secure the jar on the blender. Blend until it turns smooth
- Now remove the jar from the blender and filter the juice using a fine-mesh strainer(make sure to press and extract all the juice from celery)
- Now pour the juice into a serving glass and healthy Celery Juice is ready to taste and enjoy
- Enjoy this healthy Celery Juice in the morning with an empty stomach to get all the healthy nutrition from it
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Organic Celery - Even though I have used organic Celery here, feel free to use non-organic ones it is handy for you
- Squeeze the Juice - Always make sure to squeeze all the juice using a fine-mesh strainer to get every last drop of this miracle healthy veggie
- Variations - I have used only Celery to make this juice to get all the benefits from it, but you can feel free to use lemon, ginger, cucumber, and other ingredients to flavor up this drink
- Serving - This Celery Juice is a perfect detox Healthy drink that helps to cleanse all the toxins from the body and it is considered best to consume in the morning on an empty stomach
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Serve this healthy drink in the morning and according to experts best on an empty stomach to enjoy the full benefits.
This Juice can be stored for 2 days in the refrigerator and make sure to store it in a tightly closed container to retain its freshness.
Benefits of Celery Juice
Is celery juice good for you? Of course, Celery Juice has a lot of health benefits according to many researchers and experts. But always check what suits best for you and consult with your physician before including it in your diet. And I have shared some of the benefits below. So, let's see what is celery juice good for.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory properties - reduces pain in joints, arthritis, and also other relaxing properties and also boosts skin health
- Lowers Cholesterol - Reduce bad cholesterol in our blood
- Rich in Antioxidants - Reduce toxicity and improves your immunity
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Reduce Glucose Levels(Source: Healthline)
- Helps you to keep hydrated
- Contribute to Weight Loss
- High in Salt - the celery juice diet may raise your salt intake dangerously because it suggests a large amount of juice intake every day
- Low in Fiber - Since we remove all the fiber while straining the juice, the fiber content will be removed which makes you feel hungry
- Throat Infection - Some people will be allergic to raw green leaves and juices which leads to throat infection personally my husband had this symptom once after consuming this juice
Some people may feel nauseous, and dizzy, and have flu-like symptoms, headache, and diarrhea after consuming the Celery Juice. As I said earlier my husband had a severe throat infection after consuming this drink. But for me, it does not show any adverse reaction, so it may depend on the individual, so always make sure to research before adding it to your diet.
According to Anthony Williams, the originator of the celery juice movement, the juice improves overall digestive problems, all kinds of acute and chronic illnesses, weight loss, bloating, migraine, liver health, and much more.
It is suggested to drink the juice in the morning preferably on an empty stomach to get the full nutrients.