Iced Coffee is a delicious, bitter-less, and refreshing cold drink. It is usually prepared with coarse or instant coffee powder, water, milk, or creamer. This Iced Coffee is a perfect drink to start your day or quench your thirst on hot summer days. And the best part is it tastes similar to popular Coffee shops around!
What is Iced Coffee?
Iced coffee is one of the delicious drinks popular across the globe. Even though it is a famous drink in most cafe-style restaurants like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Mcdonalds, and similar fast food stores, making Iced Coffee at home is simple and inexpensive.
It is super easy to make the drink and tastes satisfying with its flavor and taste. Who doesn't love to skip a ride to the stores when you can make the best Iced Coffee at home? So this post is all about the coffee with ice and proper tips to achieve a bitter-less, strong, and flavorful drink.
More Iced Drinks Recipes
- Iced Black Coffee
- Iced Coffee Protein Shake
- Iced Tea
- Iced Dirty Chai Latte
- Sweet Tea
- Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
The ingredients that you will need for this coffee recipe are:
- Coffee Powder - freshly ground coffee powder, coarse coffee powder, or instant coffee powder works well for this recipe. I have used coarse coffee powder with chicory for this recipe
- Water - filtered water to brew the coffee
- Milk - I have used whole milk here but you can also use half n half or other creamers for a thick and decadent treat
- Sugar optional - I haven't used any sweetener here but you can feel free to use sugar syrup, brown sugar, or any other sweeteners that are handy for you
How to Make Iced Coffee at Home?
This Iced Coffee shared here gives a perfect flavor-filled drink similar to popular coffee shops. So let's see how to make the best Iced Coffee at home with simple steps.
You can also find similar drinks below and more at Coffee Recipes
- 2 tbsp Coffee Powder
- 2 cups Water
- Ice cubes, as needed
- ¼ cup Milk, or half and half cream
To prepare Iced Coffee
- In a pan with medium heat, pour water and bring it to boil
- Now add coarse coffee powder and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes
- Close the pan with its lid and steep the coffee for 3 to 5 minutes in low heat. Now rest the coffee in the refrigerator for 2 hours or bring it to room temperature
- Once it is cooled pour the coffee mixture into a tall glass. Make sure to fill the glass with ice cubes before pouring in the coffee
- Pour in the milk or half n half cream (feel free to add sugar if required)
- Now the delicious Iced Coffee is ready for you to taste and enjoy
- Serve this delicious Iced Coffee along with morning breakfast or enjoy any time of the day
Chef's Notes and Tips
- For Strong Flavor - I have chilled the coffee for 2 to 3 hours but you can also refrigerate it overnight to achieve a stronger flavor of the drink
- Best Coffee Powder - Coarse coffee, freshly ground coffee, or even instant coffee powder works great for this recipe
- Diary Options - I have used whole milk here but you can also use half and half for a more delicious treat
- Sweeteners - I haven't used any sweeteners here, but feel free to use sugar, maple syrup, or any other sweeteners that are handy for you
- Vegan Options - Feel free to skip the dairy and use non-dairy milk for this iced coffee instead
- Serving - This Iced Coffee can be served along with breakfast or any time of the day
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Iced Coffee is a perfect drink to start your day or enjoy whenever you feel like having a drink.
This Coffee concentrate can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and add milk or creamer whenever you crave a drink.
Here in this recipe, I have used 2 tbsp coarse coffee powder with chicory for 2 cups of water. This ratio gives a stronger flavor and you can also use ¼ tsp of instant coffee powder for 1 cup of water.
Yes, you can make this coffee with condensed milk and it tastes delicious, especially for those who love a sweet treat.