Elevate your salads with this versatile homemade Salad Dressing. Simple yet full of flavor, it combines olive oil, Dijon mustard, and either lemon juice or vinegar, along with a blend of classic seasonings and herbs. This easy-to-make dressing, ready in just 10 minutes, is the perfect match for a variety of salads.
It's not just about enhancing taste; it's about transforming your everyday meals into something special with minimal effort. Make this delightful dressing part of your lunch or dinner, and enjoy a culinary upgrade using ingredients right from your pantry.
Discover a World of Salad Dishes:
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
The ingredients you will need for making this Salad Dressing are basic pantry items that you might already have at home. Here's what you will need:
- Olive Oil: The cornerstone of the dressing, providing a rich, smooth base with fruity and peppery undertones.
- Dijon Mustard: Adds subtle tanginess and a hint of spice, also helping to blend the ingredients smoothly.
- Honey: Balances the acidity of the lemon with its natural sweetness, adding a harmonious touch.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed for a zesty, refreshing citrus burst.
- Garlic: Offers a bold, savory flavor, contributing aromatic depth.
- Chili Flakes and Black Pepper: Introduce a gentle heat and a peppery zing, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Dried Herbs (Oregano, Basil, Parsley Leaves): Each herb contributes its unique note - oregano's robustness, basil's sweet aroma, and parsley's fresh greenery - creating a complex, herbaceous blend.
How to Make Salad Dressing at Home?
Get ready to transform your salads with this homemade dressing. Follow along with our step-by-step photos and video to easily create this flavorful addition to your meals. Let's get started!
Discover a Variety of Dressing Recipes:
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Coleslaw Dressing
- Fruit Salad Dressing
- Tahini Dressing
- Basil Pesto
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey, or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Garlic, grated or garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt, to taste
To make Salad Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients listed in the ingredients section in a bowl
- Whisk the mixture well until it's fully blended. Your everyday Salad Dressing is now ready to enhance your salads.
- Enhance your favorite salads with this homemade Salad Dressing. For storage, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where it will remain fresh for up to two days.
Chef's Notes and Tips
- Balance the Flavors: Regularly taste and adjust the honey, lemon juice, and spices to find your ideal blend of sweet, tangy, and savory.
- Thorough Whisking: Emulsify the ingredients well for a smooth, unified dressing.
- Garlic Preference: Adjust the garlic quantity to suit your taste for a milder or stronger garlic flavor.
- Heat from Chili Flakes: Tailor the spiciness by varying the chili flakes according to your heat preference.
- Herb Infusion: Let the dressing sit for a bit to intensify the herbal flavors from the dried herbs.
- Be Creative: Don't hesitate to experiment with the ratios and add different herbs or spices to customize the dressing.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
Simple this all-purpose everyday Salad Dressing pairs with a variety of salads wonderfully. Here are some delectable pairings:
- Greek Salad: Enhance a mix of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta, red onions, and greens with this dressing for a tangy Mediterranean flavor boost.
- Cobb Salad: Perfect for a hearty salad of lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, bacon, eggs, and blue cheese, the dressing adds depth to the robust flavors.
- Caesar Salad: Complement the classic combination of romaine lettuce, croutons, and Parmesan with this creamy, garlicky, and tangy dressing.
- Pasta Salad: Give a zesty twist to pasta mixed with veggies, olives, and cheese – ideal for picnics.
- Fruit Salad: Transform a refreshing fruit mix like strawberries, melon, and citrus with the dressing's tangy and sweet notes, for a delightful snack or dessert.
To ensure your Salad Dressing stays fresh and flavorful, follow these storage tips:
- Use an airtight container to store the dressing, protecting it from air exposure and maintaining quality.
- Refrigerate immediately after sealing. This keeps the dressing fresh and safe for up to two days.
- For extended shelf life up to two weeks, opt for vinegar instead of lemon juice and garlic powder in place of fresh garlic. This simple switch helps preserve the dressing longer without sacrificing flavor.