Explore the world of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – a crispy, golden delight made from dried pumpkin seeds and simple seasonings, expertly roasted in the oven. These seeds are not just a tasty snack; they also shine as soup and salad toppings.
The secret? Don't let those Pumpkin Seeds go to waste! Whether you have leftovers from pumpkin recipes or Halloween carving, these seeds can be transformed into an excellent snack. Beyond snacking, they elevate a variety of dishes, from smoothies to homemade granola bars and trail mixes.
Explore our selection of healthy roasted and baked vegetables:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Garlic
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Zucchini
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Broccoli
Ingredients and Substitutions Overview
Creating the perfect Roasted Pumpkin Seeds is all about a handful of common seasonings you probably have right in your kitchen. Here's what they bring to the table:
- Pumpkin Seeds: You can either scoop out fresh seeds from a pumpkin or opt for store-bought seeds for convenience. These seeds make a perfect base for the seasonings.
- Paprika: Adds just the right touch of heat, giving the seeds a delightful kick. For an extra spicy punch, consider using some chili powder.
- Garlic Powder: Infuses a savory, garlicky punch, enhancing the flavor.
- Black Pepper: Brings an earthy warmth with a mild kick to the mix.
- Salt: Balances the flavors, ensuring the seasonings harmonize perfectly.
- Olive Oil: Helps the seasonings adhere to the seeds and adds a mild, fruity flavor.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds in Oven?
Get ready to savor the crunch and flavor of homemade Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! With our step-by-step photos and video below, you'll easily turn ordinary Pumpkin Seeds into extraordinary snacks!
Explore Delicious Pumpkin Favorites:
- Roasted Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, washed and dried thoroughly, or use store brought
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
To Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- In a bowl, combine thoroughly washed and dried Pumpkin Seeds with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix the seasonings evenly with the seeds using a spatula or spoon.
- Spread the seasoned Pumpkin Seeds evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Place the seasoned pumpkin seeds in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, giving them a stir halfway through, until they become crisp and golden brown. Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool.
- Enjoy these Roasted Pumpkin Seeds as a snack, or use them as a tasty topping for your creamy soups or salads.
Chef's Notes and Tips
Scooping and Cleaning Pumpkin Seeds:
- Get those seeds: Cut your pumpkin in half and scoop out those seeds. Need visuals? Check our roasted pumpkin recipe post for a closer look.
- Rinse Away: Give the seeds a good rinse under running water to get rid of any lingering fibers. Then, let them drain in a colander or strainer.
- Dry them up: Use a kitchen towel to thoroughly dry those washed seeds. If you have time, go for the gold and air-dry them overnight for perfectly moisture-free seeds.
Seasoning and Roasting:
- Spice it up: Time to get creative! Customize your seasoning to your liking. Whether it's classic black pepper and salt or a hint of paprika, make it your own.
- Heat: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), just as our recipe suggests. This low and slow roast is the secret to achieving even, crispy seeds.
Disclaimer: We’re not nutrition experts. Nutritional info is estimated and should be used as a guide. For precise details, consult a professional.
How to Use This Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Discover the versatility of roasted pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas. Enjoy them as a snack, salad topper, or flavor enhancer in your meals. Here are some creative ideas:
- Snacking: Pumpkin seeds aren't just delicious; they're also packed with nutrition. Enjoy them solo or mix them with nuts and dried fruits for a delightful trail mix.
- Salad Upgrade: Elevate your salads with a handful of roasted pumpkin seeds. They bring a delightful crunch and flavor to both leafy and grain-based salads.
- Soup Elegance: Sprinkle pumpkin seeds as a garnish on creamy soups like pumpkin or butternut squash.
- Baking Magic: Get creative in the kitchen by incorporating pumpkin seeds into your baking recipes. Bread, muffins, cookies, and granola get a nutty flavor and a nutrition boost.
- Smoothie Power: Supercharge your smoothies with roasted pumpkin seeds. They offer an infusion of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients.
- Pesto and Sauce Innovation: Experiment with pumpkin seeds as a base or flavor enhancer in pesto and sauce recipes. They bring a unique creaminess and taste.
- Gourmet Garnish: Give your dishes an elegant touch by using pumpkin seeds as a garnish. Whether it's rice dishes, quinoa, or roasted vegetables, they enhance both appearance and taste.
Note: When incorporating pumpkin seeds into baking or smoothies, it's a good idea to keep the seasoning mild and non-spicy to ensure they complement the overall flavor of the recipe.
Store your Roasted Pumpkin Seeds in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them crunchy and delicious for up to two weeks.